Monday 17 May 2010

Back On Top At Aintree.


 Aintree 15th May
After the unfortunate events of Oulton park, It was a huge task to get the bike ready for the aintree race. Thanks to my dad and chrIs at dynopro, It was ready to go.I had entered the open class and the 600 class at aintree for some extra time and practice riding the bike.
600cc Class
 Unfortunately I managed to pick 31 for a starting posItion for the qualIfIer, so I knew that I had my work cut out from the beginning. I made a good start, but the red flag came out and I had to do It all again. I carved my way through to 5th position setting the fastest lap of the race in the process. 
For the final I was at the front of the second row and got a terrible start. I went round the outside through the first corner then cut across to go round the outside of a few more round village. I made it to third and was slipstreaming the second place man down the back straight, he applied the brakes and I slipped past round the outside when I realized I could take the leader as well. I lead over the line put some smooth laps together and took the win by over 4 seconds and again setting the fastest lap of the race. 
The Open
  The grid position wasn’t quite as bad for the qualifier at only 21st place, and managing to make it through to 5th I was very happy. Because of the two heats thIs put me back to 10th for the final. I got a good start and made a few places and tried catch the people ahead but just couldn't close the gap. I was happy wIth the result of 7th, and even more so when I noticed that I was the fIrst 600 home. 
 
So overall the weekend went really well, thanks goes to everyone who supported us on the day. Also thanks to my dad and ChrIs agaIn for the hard work of completIng the bIke so we could get out, thanks to John at fastrack and Bob at RH Mawdsley ground works for their generous donatIons. Hopefully we wIll see you at anglesey on the bank holIday.
ChrIstIan Peck #35


No comments:

Post a Comment