Monday 10 August 2009

Aintree 8th August

Only one week after the meeting at anglesey it was time for the fourth round at Aintree. It was going to be a crucial meet with the championships coming to the conclusion fast.


Formula 400cc

The heat went well with a solid win which put me on pole position for the final. This was the race in which I had to beat Tim Kermode to close the five point lead he had on me in the championship. I got a good start and was in second position behind Ste Porter I held the second position just running a comfortable pace knowing not to make a mistake and give valuable points to Tim as the race went on I was closing lap by lap on Ste porter but just didn't have the time to make a manoeuvre. This gave me four points on Tim and I am only one point behind him going into the final round.


251-500 cc Solo

Going into this round I had a 12 point lead on my nearest rival so it was just about keeping up the advantage so the pressure would be off in the final round. I started well off into the lead group, and was maintaining my position when Ste Porter's engine blew with an enormous cloud of smoke. I couldn't see two feet in front of me and I was desperately trying to avoid any oil that might have been laid down. The leader had escaped by this time but he was not in contention for the championship, I just relaxed into a rhythm and waited for the flag. After a look over my shoulder seeing the pecking order, and when I realised that Tim had finished fourth I knew that the tittle was mine.


So there it is the first championship, I have ever taken I am over the moon and would like to thank everyone for all the support as without it, I doubt we would've done it. We look forward to the closing round at Aintree, hope the good luck will continue and grab the formula 400 title as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment