Tuesday 13 July 2010

Aintree 10/07/10

Aintree 3 was next on the calendar, and it was the usual routine of the open class and the 600 class meaning a total of four races. 
   The open heat went well a good fourth position but the times were way down compared to last meeting but still looked promising for the 600 class. 
    The 600cc qualifier couldn't of gone better, I started from 6th position took the lead and won by over 8 seconds. 
The day clouded over and the rain threatened, and halfway through the open final it started spitting. I eased off and took a top ten finish in the open class knowing that I needed to save it for the 600 final.
It was a frantic change of tires to wets for the 600 final, I was rushed out onto the grid. I got a good start into 2nd position and making my way to first quickly. I found it hard to lead, as was unsure of the conditions and got a huge slide out of the first corner on lap 3. A rider came past on the brakes into club and was shaken by this then anther rider came past on the brakes into the first corner. I made it back past him on the back straight and got on the brakes late but i was on the wrong side of the leader i had no choice but to lean on him to make the bend, he decided just to push me wider and wider until i lost the front and unfortunately a massive championship lead. In hindsight it was a big mistake on my part I had a good lead in the championship and could've clinched the title but instead I am now only four points clear. Overall I have learnt a lot from the weekend and thanks again to all who came and supported.
The next time out is at anglesey on the 23rd and 24th, hope to see you there.
Christian Peck #35

No comments:

Post a Comment